Saturday, January 4, 2014

Reflect and Project

Happy New Year!

I don't know about you but I am excited about the New Year and God's Plans for it. The New Year is a fresh start and I tend to Reflect and Project each January. I reflect on the blessings I've received in the previous year, what goals I reached and didn't, and lessons I learned in all areas of my life. Then I project. I talk with God and listen for a word from Him for the year, and start with new goals (or re-worked previous goals), visions, dreams, and plans.

This year I'm starting with two words: FOCUS and IMPOSSIBLE.
 





( Thank you Heike Wilczek McDoniel for creating these. )

For those who don't know me personally, I'm into a little bit of this and a little bit of that and have lots of "squirrel!" moments that steal my attention and focus.  So between that and procrastination, it's hard for me to get things DONE...consistently. :) I am working on that this year.

I also have been challenged to ask God for impossible things. Some call this God-sized Dreams. It is that thing that you want or envision that you think, " There is no way. That is impossible. I could never... that's never going to happen... that kind of thing doesn't happen to me."
On New Year's Eve morning, I read my YouVersion daily devotion from Pastor Steven Furtick. It was called Sun Stands Still, and was on
Joshua 10. In this story, the Lord made the sun stand still for Joshua. He gave Joshua a mission to lead the Israelites, and told him that He would be with him. So before a big battle Joshua asked the impossible. 


MAKE THE SUN STOP IN THE SKY. 

The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.

Impossible.

But God loves a good challenge and He will do the impossible. Especially if He has given you a mission or task.  You are here in this moment of time, in these circumstances, with this family, in this house, in this community for a reason. I don't know it and maybe you don't either. But the Lord does.

Things may be happening in your life that need a conclusion that seems impossible.

With God All Things are Possible. Take it to Him and wait for the Sun to Stand Still.

What IMPOSSIBLE are you facing right now?




2 comments:

  1. I will stand in agreement with you to focus on the impossible for nothing is impossible with God! My vision for 2014 is very much the same. I believe God is going to pour out blessings on His people this year like never before. I have never been more excited about a new year as I am about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great word! I have a couple of seemingly impossible things that I know God can do. One thing that I keep hearing in different places is that sometimes things have to completely die first before He can bring new life. So I am pondering that. :)

    ReplyDelete