Monday, June 25, 2012

Oh Snickelfritz!

Welcome to my very first post of my blog!


I've agonized over the name, the layout, the theme to the point of almost scrapping it all! Wanting just the perfect nomenclature that would represent ME! It's quite a feat to try and squish yourself into a tiny box of description that will be released to the world that knows you and may never know you... except through this blog.



So friends and strangers I will explain my perfect pick!

The phrase "Oh snickelfritz" was not originally created by me but has become my cleaned-up version of a swear word! It's an exclamation that I utter with great frequency at the elementary school where I work. For me it's a perfect combination of all those R-rated words that I want to say, but wrapped in a cute G-rated package!


Go on.. try it out the next time you stub your toe, or spill your coffee.. Oh SNICKELFRITZ! :)





Then to my wondrous surprise when I googled the meaning of snickelfritz, I found that it is a term of endearment for a talkative, mischievous child! Practically the definition of me! (although technically I am an adult, wife, and mother of three)

So what to expect from this blog??
Lots of talking...and some mischief! :)

I hope to share insights, laughs, great ideas and awesome things in general... like Pinterest...
You do know about Pinterest, don't you? It's internet crack... Seriously, I need a support group. "Hello, I'm Sheila and I'm addicted to Pinterest." 

So thanks for reading and stay tuned....

(Just as soon as I figure out how to get cuter fonts on this thing...must have adorable fonts...)

6 comments:

  1. Oh Shiela!!!...I just wanted to be the first to congratulate you on your blog!!! The name is soooo you!!!!...I am a fan! <3...Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a fan of you, Sheila! Can't wait to read and share your musings! You make me laugh and I love you! Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! I told you you have a lot to talk about! I need to keep mine updated but not happy with the layout, name, etc. Don't worry, you will get the font down I'm sure. I will send you tutorials that I have found about blogger. You will notice that blogger is a bit persnickety at times. Anyways, YOU GO GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new blog! Now I can keep up daily:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful to share widely where we find insight & delight...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to try the snikelfritz out for a while

    ReplyDelete